20080703

if....


If I could travel in time..... I would want to see what the Earth is like with my own eyes about 300 years into the future. Things will only get worse if they stay as they are now. I imagine that the water would all be dried up, and everything would be desert. Seeing that, I wouldn't be able to do a thing, so I would just stand there and accept that this is the Earth's conclusion. Afterwards, even when I returned to the present, I would think that there wasn't much I could do just with myself, and that even if I took more time trips, nothing much would change.... Or maybe I just never thought that I wanted to change my own future or past. Even if I think, "Shit!" and regret something, it's over after that minute. I don't think things like, "I should have done this back then..." or "I want to go back and do this again." If I still had to go somewhere in time, I would go back way before I was born. I'd go to the time when my grandma was still a kid and feed her lots of food. Back then, Japan was in the middle of a war, and they say that people didn't have much to eat. There was really no food, so she would split the stalks of taro plants with the rest of her family.... my grandma really loves sweet buns. I would bring tons of them with me and give them to her. But, I wonder if I would be able to find her right away?

No comments: