20080703

if,, just if,,


-faith_oblivion-

If I were an athlete... I'd want to be a baseball player! I especially admire Ichiro, who is setting records in the major league. I liked him even when he was with the Orix. It's amazing how he is immortalized in people's memories as well as his records, and he's really cool. I want to be like him. If I were a chef, I like Japanese food best, so I would make more traditional Japanese-style dishes! -- or so I thought for a moment, but if I were doing it for work, I would rather be an Italian chef. It's a random image that I came up with, but it seems like women prefer that kind of thing. Food is something I think of as being made for other people, so I would want to make as many women as I could happy with my cooking. If someone were going to make something for me though, I would be really enjoy Japanese-style dishes. Speaking of chefs, I have a friend who is training in cooking with puffer fish. You need a license to serve puffer fish, and he's still at the bottom of the ladder, so he can't prepare it yet, but he works every day from 9am in the morning to 2am, and it looks like really hard work. At night, when I go to visit him after I'm done with work, he makes me meals. Like, putting freshly-made karaage {Japanese-style fried chicken} over rice with sauce over it. Really simple, but it tastes delicious! His dad is also a cook, so in the future he's going to take over the family restaurant. Even before I started work, they had invited me over to have nabe before. Watching him, I see that it's not easy at all. In terms of the goal of making customers happy, both our jobs share a commonality, but cooks create something that goes directly into people's mouths, so it might be even more difficult than what I do.

No comments: